Sunday, November 9, 2008

Keeping Up To Date

So in an attempt to keep up to date and maybe encourage myself to write more often I am going to skip over the everything I have left up to this point and just jump straight to Burlington and Boston. SO HERE GOES

Earlier this week we were in BEAUTIFUL Burlington, VT. I drove there and everyone in the car was resting, I had my music playing as I drove up over the hills and mountains with the New England fall leaves and distant farm houses as my scenery. I was officially in love!

In the Car Margo discovered the "Let's Go USA" book that tells you about a bunch of US cities and what to do when you visit, she was elated. So that evening we went to an Italian Restaurant downtown and enjoyed a simply fabulous meal, one of the best we have had on the road so far. The building was designed to look like the inside of a rustic ski lodge and it was just a very calm, nice atmosphere for our supper. Lovely.

The next day, thanks to the unseasonably warm weather in Burlington, Margo, Jonny, Jeffery, Dave, Eric, Rudy and I enjoyed a lovely hike a few miles outside of the city. It was ranked as easy to moderate but I would say it was more along the lines of moderate to intermediate, nothing we all couldn't handle but defiently some make-your-butt-sore-the-next-day uphill climbs.


The trip was well worth the view from the top though. It was a touch hazy that day but you could still see the Adirondack Mountains in the distance as well as the beautiful view of rural VT.


Here is the whole group (minus Eric who took the picture) at the top!



On the drive home we passed by the Vermont Teddy Bear factory and with just a look we all knew it was necessary we stop! We didn't buy anything or take the factory tour we just looked around. There was a whole bin up front of defective teddy bears that were on sale for 20 dollars (VT Teddy's usually cost around 60 to 70) some just had holes in their backs that could easily be stitched but some were missing arms, legs, even heads! HA! sad. But they did have these lovely Biden/Obama bears on display!



Later that afternoon, Margo, Jonny, Jeffery, Kevin and I ventured to downtown burlington for some shopping and eating. I found possibly the most perfect engagement ring ever in a lovely jeweler called grannis, bought some maple sugar candy and other lovely vermont treats as well as turtle fur ear muffs at The Apple Mountain store, and bought myself a new claddagh ring to replace my broken one at a not-so-expensive jeweler. We then ate at Sweetwaters, not my favorite stop on tour thus far, but the company was great!

That night came the announcement of our new President Elect BARACK OBAMA and vice president elect JOE BIDEN! How do you think a bunch of young starving artist feel about that?

AMAZING that's how! ha!

Should have been a great day right? WRONG. Sadly, that day during the show my purple "harlequin verb slut" top untied on stage and I spent the rest of the number doing everything in my power to keep myself from flashing a bunch of elementary schoolers on stage. I DID IT THOUGH! ha
Then the second show I blindly ran with by big red fabric as I always do, however Dave's car wasn't being very friendly that day and had a hard time getting rolling so he was RIGHT behind me when I ran. My foot became the victim of this incident. He is still slightly swollen and blue to this day.

Anyway, Sadly we had to leave Burlington the next day. Onward to Concord, NH where nothing really happened that I recall with any distinction.

Next it was on to New Bedford, NH where Margo, Jonny, Lindsay, and I took a day trip to Boston (about an hour and some change away)
It was a BEAUTIFUL day! Here are Lindsay Margo and Jonny on our walk down Commonwealth Ave



We walked quite a bit that day... through Boston Commons and the public gardens which were both fantastic. Here is a lovely fall picture Jonny took of me!



We walked down and met up with his sister Andrea at work and she showed us the place she started. It is an amazing company called Nexus (http://www.nexusboston.com/) that educated other companies, architects, children, ect about how to build and maintain green buildings and homes. It's an amazing project and it was so cool to tour her place.
After that the group of us walked down Faneuil Hall and just walked around and shopped and observed a bit. Walked to Jonny's favorite waterfront stop and then over to Little Italy for dinner before back to the train. It was a great day, very peaceful and luckily the rain held off for our whole day of walking!

So now here I am in Lebanon, NH with a day off tomorrow when we are going to tour a Maple and Cheese Farm! Should be fun.

Only 11 days till I am home and 18 days till my birthday and trip to Key West. I am very excited!

No comments: